Acupuncture can be used to help prepare for, and enhance, conception in ART cycles for IVF, IUI and other ART protocols. Fertility acupuncture has been shown to improve fertility rates when used as a complementary therapy for IVF preparation and to support IVF treatment protocols.
There is a growing body of evidence demonstrates that fertility acupuncture, and other TCM protocols, can improve fertility rates by enhancing physiological processes related to fertility.
Fertility Acupuncture can help to:
- Improve the function of the ovaries to produce better quality eggs.
- Regulate hormones to produce larger numbers of follicles.
- Increase blood flow to the Uterus and Ovaries thereby increasing both Ovarian Sensitivity to gonadotropins and the Uterine Lining for implantation.
- Relax the patient to induce parasympathetic nervous system dominance.
- Lessen many of the unwanted side-effects of ART treatment.
- Mitigate the downstream effects of IVF stimulation in the uterine environment to enhance implantation and ongoing pregnancy rates.
- Decrease miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy rates. Improve semen densities in male factor infertility
- Enhance conception in ART cycles: IUI, IVF, FET, Surrogacy.
- Promote a healthy ongoing pregnancy without complications and a healthy post-partum period.